I suck at business as usual.
But I'm really good at change for the better.
Once, when I was deciding whether to finish a PhD in medieval literature, a very wise professor described me as a 'constellator' - he meant that, deep down, I'd hate thinking about just one problem for three years. Instead, I'm always drawing the next connection, getting excited about how we can connect the old with the new. I listened, gave up the PhD, and forged a career out of constellating.
I love leading teams, using technology to connect cool humans, and big to-do lists in neat handwriting.
If you'd like the official version, connect with me over here.
some things i've Done
- Connected library resources across Australia, so that digital resources in Victoria now fuel the education of kids in the outback
- Made the State Library of Victoria the most-followed library in the Southern Hemisphere
- Created a fashion business and worldwide community for unusually tall women and girls
- Dressed the world's tallest model Amazon Eve, and met Shaquille O'Neal. They are both taller than me
- Ran social media management of 'Exercise Erebus', a full-scale terrorist attack simulation, with Victoria Police
- Created an iconic mascot for the University of Melbourne
- Led a team of 7 managing major ad campaigns, flagship publications, websites and more
- Won an award for professional excellence and innovation
- Heaps of public speaking, teaching and podcasting
- Perfected maple cured, hickory smoked bacon